Somewhere on a gorgeous street filled with historic character, a tiny, unassuming cafe lies hidden. Upon entering the little space, this cafe doesn’t look like much. A single smiling barista waits behind the counter to take your expensive order. After about twenty minutes, you receive your latte: a hand-crafted, unique 3-D artwork miraculously created from simple foam–a creation to take multiple pictures of and post to Instagram. And that, after all, is why you decided to come here in the first place.
Love To Go
307 S Mission Dr
San Gabriel, CA 91776
Besides the spectacular latte art, this cafe also offers interesting hybrid drinks: their 50/50 lattes. I can confidently recommend the lavender-earl grey and earl grey-matcha concoctions. Someday, I must try the affogato bomb [vanilla ice cream with shots of espresso or tea to pour over] and waffles..someday, when I don’t care so much about my arteries clogging.
Conclusion: I came here with old friends and we loitered long after our drinks had been depleted and multiple parties had already come and gone. Love To Go has become an ideal go-to spot for catching up in a casual, relaxed environment, with a delicious [and adorable] drink in hand. The 3-D art is undeniably pricey [about $13], so I wouldn’t order it on every visit, but I would still return in the future. It doesn’t hurt that it’s near the mission and is surrounded by other nice things to see..always assuming that I’d want to leave the cafe at all.
- Parking can be difficult to find in this area.
- Be aware that if you plan to eat/drink in the cafe, each person in your party needs to order something.
- If ordering 3-D art, the wait can be quite long [20-25 minutes], so plan accordingly if you are in a rush.
- There is no restroom in the cafe, so you’ll have to walk a couple stores over for it.
- As mentioned, the cafe itself has very limited space. However, there is aa extra lounge area next door, in addition to the outdoor patio.