Even after living in Rancho Bernardo for most of my childhood, I never discovered this secret place until after I moved away. Hidden amidst a quiet residential neighborhood, Bernardo Winery stands as one family’s historic monument to the test of time. Since 1889, the winery has endured through three generations, still resplendent with old world charm. It’s the sort of place that transports you back to a different century, stirring feelings of longing for a time and place you’ve never known.
13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte
San Diego, CA 92128
The Bernardo Winery not only produces wine and olive oil, but also provides a home to various little shops. Almost all feature products created by local residents and artists. It’s a charming little place to spend an afternoon exploring.
- The winery is nestled in a residential neighborhood, so don’t feel confused when all you see are houses.
- They have two small dirt parking lots, which can get crowded sometimes on weekends, but there should always be plenty of street parking.
- Check Groupon for any deals that may be going on for wine tasting!
- Farmer’s Market on Fridays from 9AM-1PM
- Live music on the patio on Sundays from 2PM-5PM
- Check their events page for upcoming happenings.